What are Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are essential. They are required for recruitment so that you and the applicants can understand the role. Job descriptions are necessary for all people in work. A job description defines a person’s role and accountability. Without a job description it is not possible for a person to properly commit to, or be held accountable for, a role.
As an employee you may have or be given the opportunity to take responsibility for your job description. This is good. It allows you to clarify expectations with your employer and your boss.
Why we need Job Descriptions and how you can make it easier.
Most businesses starting up or perhaps expanding don’t like to go through the process of writing job descriptions for new or existing roles. Whether it be employee responsibilities, educational requirements, work environment or even necessary job knowledge. You know yourself it can be time consuming and if not done correctly it can attract the wrong credentials from employees. A Way of solving this problem is using computer software that actually writes your job descriptions for you! There’s built-in job descriptions from an extensive library, or you can develop customised descriptions for your business. It’s one of the most successful tools used by any business as your employees will be motivated to live up to their expected performance criteria.
Simple Job Description Template
- Job Title
- Based at (Business Unit, Section – if applicable)
- Position reports to (Line Manager title, location, and Functional Manager, location if matrix management structure)
- Job Purpose Summary (ideally one sentence)
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities,
- Dimensions/Territory/Scope/Scale indicators (the areas to which responsibilities extend and the scale of responsibilities – staff, customers, territory, products, equipment, premises, etc)
- Date and other relevant internal references
- Personal Situation
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Commercial Skills
- Management Ability
Benefits of using software
- Access to educational requirements, work environment and job knowledge
- Estimated save 50-90% = ‘Time is money’ + ‘Save Time and Money’
- Installs confidence in Business handling
- Save thousands in possible legal confrontations – gives company stability + provides protection (covers all areas)
- Improves productivity levels and profit
- Purpose of our job descriptions – If you include task details, you will need to change it when the task details changes as it will often do. It’s not an operation manual.
- The software writes job descriptions for you!
- Flexibility – mix and match job descriptions and be creative
- Attract the right employees – Not only do you want the best people, you want people who want to be the best!
- Intelli-text technology – Are you aware of this technology?
- Motivates employees – boost morale, builds confidence, defines a person’s role and accountability. Without it, it’s not possible for a person to properly commit to, or be held accountable for.
- Use risk free trial software – ‘Nothing to lose’ + ‘Everything to gain’. Its free so download! http://maus.com.au/download.html
- Use the software within 10 minutes of purchasing. Offer to assist with step by step guide if unsure.
- Not only for employers but employees as well – gives opportunity to take responsibility of your job description, clarify expectations with employer/boss
- Small fee in comparison to the time and money you will spend doing it yourself