This Exit & Succession Planning Workbook is designed to educate business owners and business advisors on the exit and succession planning process and provide a clear yet comprehensive pathway. It is written from the business owner’s perspective.
Over 560 page colour workbook that includes checklists and “step by Step” guides
Whether you, as the business owner, would like to build and sell your business or perhaps transfer ownership to a family member, this workbook will guide you on the best options to ensure the best possible outcomes.
The workbook is the culmination of many years of first-hand experience as well as conversations with business owners, brokers, accountants, lawyers and venture capitalists. It is based on worldwide research
of the best practice!
The workbook will help you to implement a series of step-by-step systems and processes. At the end of this analysis, you will understand and hopefully achieve the following:
• Maximum possible sale price for your business.
• Maximum personal wealth – before and after the transition.
• Maximum net proceeds through good tax planning.
• Ensure your business asset will still maintain the maximum value in the case of
death or sickness.
• Ensure you have developed a ‘life after exit’ plan and you have prepared
mentally and financially for this transition.
The One Page Exit Plan
Peter Hickey, the author, has developed a revolutionary concept to exit planning. He introduces the One Page Exit & Succession Plan which is a method of clearly articulating your high level goals into a One Page Exit plan.
This workbook process:
• Start at the beginning of the workbook and work your way through each module.
• Write your goals and objectives at the beginning of the process, but as you progress through the analysis templates, come back, revisit and update those objectives.
• Planning is not a linear process. It should evolve as your business and personal situation changes and as your thought processes become more mature.
• The workbook is designed to promote conversations and discussions with your family, staff, advisors and other co-owners of the business.
• We suggest internal workshops could be used to facilitate discussions with employees and discuss business improvement.
• We suggest you consider appointing an Advisory Board to keep you on track and hold you accountable to this plan.
Exit Planning Institute / MasterPlan / Value Acceleration – Framework
This workbook was designed to fit in with established methodologies in the marketplace. It can be used to complement the Exit Planning Institute Framework and the MasterPlan and Value Acceleration methodologies. At the back of the book we have included a mapping process that maps the modules in this workbook to the above-mentioned methodologies.