The Small Business CGT Concessions contain very generous concessions for the sale of businesses and business related assets. The difference between getting the concessions, and not getting the concessions, can make a huge impact to a seller’s ultimate after-tax proceeds. However, despite being designed for small businesses, the Small Business CGT Concessions are extremely complex.
Join us for a webinar with Andrew Henshaw, a tax lawyer from Velocity Legal. During Andrew’s webinar, he will discuss:
- the key requirements to access the concessions;
- recent changes in law that apply to sales of shares or units;
- the four concessions, including the 15-year exemption;
- the tax differences between an asset sale and a share sale;
- tips, traps and planning opportunities;
- how the concessions can be used for internal restructures and succession planning; and
- various practical case study examples.